Wednesday 22 February 2012

Event: TRM @ The Lovely Job



A very strong line up comes with the first 2012 edition of The Lovely Job. Stalwarts Tone Puppets are returning for their first gig of what has already been an eventful year for them having released their latest single 'Late Nights' (below), which was chosen to be featured on a compilation by none other than Acid Jazz recordings. In edition to this you can also catch the boys performing a session on BBC Radio Merseyside this Sunday (26/02) from 8PM you can tune in by clicking this link.

Late Nights by Tone Puppets

Two other acts I am very excited about having down are the crowd pleasing electronic live act Killaflaw who played for us in September and tore the Zanzibar to pieces giving us a good old rave up. It has been a big year for them so far to this year with regular plays on BBC 6 Music and a main stage spot at this summer's Glade festival already in the bag. Kicking the night off we have the Liverpool Big Band, a jazz/swing act that consists of over 30 members. I am very much looking forward to sampling their wares and well, quite frankly seeing if they all fit on the stage!



Also joining us on stage at The Zanzibar will be LIPA's Ben Nokes, The 10B's return after a sterling performance in September and we also have the acoustically driven 53's on what is set to begin another year of Lovely Jobs in style.

I of course will be there to tie the evening together, for those wondering what to expect musically from me there will a mixture of well known classic tracks spanning the years and the genres in addition I will as ever be pushing some up front music that I have been feeling lately, for an inkling check out my Best of 2011 features. As Killaflaw are playing the interlude prior to them will allow me to flex my dance music muscles a bit. I hope to see many of you there :)

The Lovely Job
Friday March 2nd 2012
The Zanzibar, Seel Street, Liverpool.
£5 on the door.

Note for reduced entry guestlist Tweet me @therealmikael or simply comment on this blog post with your name and how many people will be in your party.

No comments:

Post a Comment